Hi Everyone!

Fred Richards Fred.Richards at kayaker.com
Fri May 1 08:14:09 PDT 2009

I'm really excited about this project, and I apologize for posting in html.

I *think* I've figured out what I'd like to do:

Branch Office Wanproxy Client: 172.22.1.88
Main Office Wanproxy Server: 192.168.100.4
Spork (Win Shares): 192.168.100.7

client.conf -

flow-table incoming-encode
proxy flow-table incoming-encode 172.22.1.88 445 decoder none to 127.0.0.1 3300 encoder xcodec

server.conf -

flow-table internal-decode
proxy flow-table internal-decode 127.0.0.1 3300 decoder xcodec to 192.168.100.7 445 encoder none

issue command on Client:

ssh -L 3300:localhost:3300 user at 192.168.100.4 wanproxy -c server.conf

Then trick the Client(s) into thinking "Spork" is 172.22.1.88 instead of 192.168.100.7 ... my issue is where I redirect port 445 requests... inside wanproxy?  With cisco route maps?  With the ssh port forward?

Will Wanproxy redirect the output of the tunnel to a machine other than itself?  The docs on the site seem to indicate so, making mention of the names "server" and "intranet".

Also, using ssh may not be necessary (it's a good idea if this was sent over a plain unencrypted internet link) as this is all happening over a VPN.  I can imagine I can change the 127.0.0.1 IP's to 192.168.100.4, and remove the ssh requirement.  Of course, the server-side command would still need to be run, via crontab or something.

Comments, suggestions, flames?