WAN Acceleration Techniques used in WANProxy?

Donald Gordon don at dis.org.nz
Tue Sep 15 18:18:31 PDT 2009

Hi

What would be really awesome and mostly-portable (and if I had the time
I'd implement it) is gluing WANProxy and slirp (or similar) together to
take a stream of packets, where possible turn it into higher level
streams that WANProxy can deal with, then turning these back into
packets at the remote end.  You could do this all in userspace, and most
free unix-alikes have a tun/tap device or similar to hook this into a
network.  Voila, instant drop in make this network link faster solution.

donald