WANProxy in Subversion is working again.

Uttam Singh us at iptvlabs.com
Tue Dec 21 17:51:39 PST 2010

Hi Juli,

Just wanted to share some early results from wanproxy svn r653:

- seeing great improvement in performance when moving data from Client
Proxy -> Server Proxy

Setup: 5Mbps symmetrical WAN, SMB file transfers (binary file ~11MB)

Without WanProxy:
Up: 4Mbps

With WanProxy:
Up: 14Mbps

- strange but did not observe any improvements over multiple transfers
of the same file in the other direction (Server Proxy -> Client Proxy)

- iperf tests are still failing. iperf send repeated text patterns
which should be great for deflation but I am seeing Client-Proxy
sending much more data to Server-Proxy than it receives from Client.

Client ------ Client-Proxy ................ Server Proxy ------ Server

Run:
Server> iperf -s -p 5100
Client> iperf -c -t 10 -p 5100 (10 sec test)

I see that client completes sending data to Client-Proxy followed by
TCP-FIN. Client-Proxy however continues sending data to Server-Proxy
for another ~30sec before closing. I haven't done any detailed
analysis except verify that iperf works successfully in the same setup
if I don't use WanProxy.

thanks,

-Uttam