WANProxy in Subversion is working again.

Uttam Singh us at iptvlabs.com
Tue Dec 21 18:49:19 PST 2010

Hi Juli,

Please disregard my 'iperf' results.

I was using a server and client configuration file which had codec set
to "None". After changing it to "codec0" I am seeing successful
completion and big improvements!

Without WanProxy iperf reports xfer throughput ~4.5Mbps

With WanProxy iperf reports ~70Mbps. The data used by this iperf by
default is [0..9] repeated pattern.

great work! very very promising.

Couple of questions on memory management:

- is there any limit on how much memory wanproxy will use? over time
will it exhaust all free memory?
- is there any aging mechanism to discard less frequently used data caches?
- I see that you have disk caching on your todo list, have you found
any volunteers for that work?

thanks,

-Uttam