WANProxy in Subversion is working again.

Mallett, Juli juli at clockworksquid.com
Tue Dec 21 19:06:04 PST 2010

Hi Uttam,

Thanks for your response -- the iperf results had me worried :)

There are currently no limits on the cache size, no discard facilities
and no immediate plans for disk caching.  I was working on disk-based
caching at one point but it's a slightly lower priority for me right
now.  I have been thinking about hiring someone to develop the disk
caching and related things, but am not sure yet whether I can justify
it.

Supporting discard is actually a little tricky because you have to
prevent symbol reuse.  I'm moving in the direction of making changes
that will enable that, namely by putting some more fields in the
symbol name rather than using it all for a hash, but that's happening
only opportunistically.  Supporting discard is a necessary
prerequisite for supporting disk-based caching.

Thanks,
Juli.

>>> Juli.