Assertion in PipeProducer::produce()

Diego Woitasen diego at woitasen.com.ar
Mon Aug 1 14:13:18 PDT 2011

On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 7:07 PM, Juli Mallett <juli at clockworksquid.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 15:02, Diego Woitasen <diego at woitasen.com.ar> wrote:
>> I'm using 0.7.2.
>> I don't think it's a out of memory problem. The asssertion appears something
>> just after starting the proxy and I don't see memory problems with "top".
>> Are there a memory limit configuration?
>
> No, there isn't, and I suspect you're right that it's not an
> out-of-memory problem.  Can you try running under gdb and get a
> backtrace?
>
> And perhaps try getting sources from Subversion and giving them a try.
>  I know I've fixed a few bugs, but I don't think I've ever reproduced
> and fixed this one, so it seems like a long-shot.  I'm very busy
> lately and haven't touched WANProxy seriously in a couple of months.
> If you figure out a simple reproduction case, that would make me very
> happy!
>
> Thanks,
> Juli.

I have the same problem with trunk. It's difficult to reproduce
because it's random. I'll try to find a reproduction case anyway.

I don't know if I'm breaking something but I commented out the
ASSERT() and I replaced it with

if(output_eos)
  return;

And works :)

It's a solution for me because I'm only testing the viability of
Wanproxy. For production I need the final solution and I'll help to
find it.

The numbers look very good until now.

Regards,
 Diego