On-disk cache and TCP optimizations

Diego Woitasen diego at woitasen.com.ar
Mon Feb 13 09:15:03 PST 2012

Hi,
  I'm writing this e-mail to announce that we (XTECH) were hired by
the Credicoop Bank to write the code to support on-disk cache and TCP
optimizations.  The bank uses a lot of open source software, they open
source friendly, so they want to share this code with the community.
They have almost 300 branches connected with a Linux based VPN, in the
headquarters and in the end points. We want to add the WAN
optimization to every VPN server.

  The announce is because the bank wants to include this code in the
trunk. In the next months, we are going to interact with the original
authors to write the code following the coding guidelines, the current
requirements of the project and everything else that is required for
the code to be accepted.

 We've been doing different tests with the current Wanproxy and the
results are very promising (I have to translate them to English and
I'll publish them soon) but some modifications are needed to be used
in a scenario like the described above.

Regards,
 Diego

--