TCP optimization

Juli Mallett juli at clockworksquid.com
Tue Jan 31 10:22:10 PST 2012

Hi Diego,

A connection pool is indeed good and desirable, but I'm not sure about
the overhead — I think we would need just as many roundtrips to
establish the new session on an existing connection as to establish a
new one; the thing which really saves is to put multiple proxied
streams onto a single connection, but as you likely know, that breaks
TCP's semantics somewhat — but it's still worth doing in some
scenarios.

Overall, I think multiplexing, connection pooling, etc., should all be
easy to implement well and prove very useful in many circumstances.

Thanks,
Juli.