How do i know WanProxy is working?

Juli Mallett juli at clockworksquid.com
Wed Oct 24 09:14:39 PDT 2012

Tieman,

There is not at present, unfortunately, although it would not be hard
to add.  One thing you can do to test operation is to deliberately do
something like downloading the same file twice, or transferring data
with all-zero contents.  Depending on your configuration and your
operating system, you may be able to get your OS to tell you how much
is traffic is coming to WANProxy and how much is exiting it, for
example if inbound and outbound traffic are on different network
interfaces, then you might be able to use netstat to watch how much
traffic is coming and going on each one.  You may also be able to use
ntop to track individual connections, but obviously it's tricky to
correlate one with another if you are testing with multiple
connections.

It should not be hard to quickly add some basic statistics reporting
if that is what you need, either on a global or per-connection basis.
Let me know if that's a priority for you, or if you're able to find
some other mechanism, and I'll see if I can put something together.

Thanks,
Juli.