180Mb link case for hire

Michael Spratt mike at magicislandtechnologies.com
Fri Sep 28 17:55:04 PDT 2012

Dear open source fellows,

I have currently 180Mb/s tunnel from the Mid-east to the US.

I am currently routing everyone using ip_gre or linux/unix gre tunnels.

The pipe is an "elephant" long and wide about 200ms latency to our NOC
in Detroit.

My question is about the examples, I did not see my case.   In my case I
want have an existing ip_gre tunnel. I would like to augment or replace
is so all user traffic can transparently take advantage of this solution.

{10.x/16 customer net} ----[linux server]----(gretunnel)---long fat
pipe---(gretunnel) --[freebsdserver]--colo bandwidth

My 10.x customers are routed back through the gre tunnel to
freebsdserver where they are natted and put on the net.

I need a augmentation or replacement of the gre tunnel to carry the
remote local traffic back to the US to be natted and get IP transit onto
the Inet.

I'm not sure how to put this together to test it.

Any comments are welcome and I'm willing to put $500 or $1000 cash prize
if anyone wants to help us successfully implement a solution that can
run on any of our servers to actually make our customers get faster
speeds in the remote site.   The catch is its 180Mb/s and we have more
sites that need to go on (tunnel back to us) probably totalling
300Mb/s.     We have done quite a bit of paid consulting in for open
source mainly squid and asterisk, and I need some help here.

The NOC in US can have multiple servers but would prefer to have one
server terminate all traffic and handle the full 300MBs, and then simply
put a heartbeet backup online for fail-over.

Let me know calls are welcome at 1-214-242-one 782 we run mainly linux
and freebsd and our  network is totally open source save some routers
and switches from 'ahem' (cisco).

Thanks and if you can help would like to make it worth it or interested
to chat thanks -Mike