control WANproxy through python openflow controller.

Juli Mallett juli at clockworksquid.com
Sun Feb 17 16:56:18 PST 2013

Boxiang,

Very excited to hear about your project.

Really, if you're willing to write some bindings for the C++ code,
it's probably better to entirely do without the configuration system
if you're at all interested in scripting WANProxy.

You would want to look at the ProxyListener and SSHProxyListener
classes right now; creating one of those is what creates a proxy
instance, and then you need only call 'event_main()' to get things off
and running.  I can provide sample code for creating a proxy instance
(SSH or otherwise) with C++ code instead of a config file if that
would be helpful for you.

The drawback to that is that if I change anything in WANProxy, there's
a possibility that your bindings would need updated.  I could also
provide a simple binary protocol over TCP for creating proxy
instances, or even set up a listener that allows one to inject
configuration over TCP.

Control is a trickier question.  Right now there's little in the way
of statistics and reporting; you can't even easily get a list of
current connections being proxied.  What kinds of control do you need?
 It may be that I can point you to something that's working right now,
or it may be that I need to add some code to provide an interface for
your project.

Thanks,
Juli.