Wanproxy question

Mattia Peirano mattia.peirano at centeropenmiddleware.com
Thu Jun 20 01:08:01 PDT 2013

Hi!

I write you because I'm trying Wanproxy. I think it is a good work and I'm
trying to better understand the real architecture of the software in order
to contribute.

I tested it in a virtual environment and I noticed a behavior that I think
could be improved. The machine running the proxyclient does not make flow
control over the tcp connection with the host.
Here the topology of the scenario:
                                                          _____
Host -------- WANProxy Client-------| *WAN* |---------WANProxy
Server------Server

If I'm not wrong, it seems that the proxy reads and processes all packets
coming from the TCP buffer, allocating memory dynamically when it needs to
store packets.

In my case, when I start a greedy traffic source, the machine running the
optimizer does not limit the source flow and ends without memory. Could be
possible to limit the amount of memory dedicated to the "buffer"?

What do you think about this? I'm very interested to know your opinion.

Thank you!

Mattia