JFYI: Transparent proxy support coming in the next couple of months.

Juli Mallett juli at clockworksquid.com
Wed Mar 13 09:43:16 PDT 2013

All,

With the help of a contractor, a port of FreeBSD's TCP/IP stack to
user-space will be coming to WANProxy some time between now and June.
This will mean, for instance, that you'll be able to use WANProxy as a
transparent proxy, without having to configure a SOCKS proxy or
anything like that.  WANProxy will be able to just listen on an input
and output network interface and terminate and optimize any TCP
connections passing between them.

There will probably be other changes happening to support that; more
information as it develops.  I know this is something a lot of people
(not least of all me) have really been looking forward to.

Thanks,
Juli.