I have a question on wanproxy compressing!

JerryYu yuaa88 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 07:53:44 PST 2013

Hi, I am doing a test with wanproxy to check the compress rate of file
transfer rate between a server and a client on wan. The test is like
this, I create a folder on server in which there are 100 word docs
(1MB each) with same contents in it and I try to log on to the server
by remote desktop (port 3389) to tranfer these 100 word docs to my
local client, of course there are two PCs between server and client on
which I run wanproxy, As I monitor the net traffic, I found no obvious
effect of compressing when transfering these docs. Since Word docs are
composed mostly of text information and should have a comparatively
high compressing rate in my view, I don't know what's wrong with the
experiment?  Expecting your reply