Relay possible ?

Mack mackman at iinet.net.au
Mon Apr 21 23:57:25 PDT 2014

Well, after digging into the mail list, I found below description from Juli

-----------------------------------------------quote-----------------------------------------
Because we want all of the traffic that goes over the proxy to be
compressed, what we do is compress the connection between the local proxy
and the remote proxy. In the example, the local proxy listens on port 3300.
This is what you'd configure a SOCKS client to connect to. What happens
then is that data that arrives on port 3300 is compressed and sent to port
3301 on the remote proxy. The remote proxy then decompresses it and sends
it to its local port 3302, which is where the actual SOCKS proxy is
listening. So really, the SOCKS proxy listens on port 3302 on the remote
(server) proxy. The local (client) proxy listens on port 3300. Traffic
coming in port 3300 on the local proxy appears on port 3302 of the remote
proxy, at which point it connects onward to the destination specified by
the SOCKS client (e.g. your browser, IRC client, whatever.)
----------------------------------------------unquote----------------------------------------

After read it twenty or so times, I worked out a configuration below and
tested it, amazingly, it worked. so I figure post it here so that any other
people use Wanproxy in such weird way can have a sample config to start
with.

---------------------Config for relay server, listen on port 3201 for
compressed traffic from client, decompress and forward to local port 3202
where traffic will be compressed again and send to next
hop-----------------------------------------------------------
create codec codec0
set codec0.codec XCodec
activate codec0