Socket error

Juli Mallett juli at clockworksquid.com
Thu Jul 10 10:56:11 PDT 2014

Igor,

Are those the only errors you're seeing?  When that starts to happen for
me, it's on systems where I've run out of file descriptors and the
getprotobyname code wants to read /etc/services and can't.  Or you could be
hitting some kind of bug in your libc's getprotobyname under pressure.  Or
I could've screwed something up :)  I don't *think* you're actually going
through libuinet to do getprotobyname, though, unless you've made local
changes.  Are you at all comfortable with truss or something like?  (Which
OS are you on?)  It'd be good to see exactly what is failing and why.

Thanks,
Juli.