The new on-disk cache implementaion

Juli Mallett juli at clockworksquid.com
Fri Apr 24 23:20:07 PDT 2015

Ahmed,

I went through several incomplete implementations that predate
Diego's, and I have plans to extend it beyond his work; I wanted to
start from a design that would extend to support the features and
functionality I intend to include, and some that were needed today,
including the ability to share a single on-disk cache between multiple
peers.

Upload and download both go into the cache, but they do not share
data, at least not yet.  So a segment from one peer will not be used
to deduplicate data from another peer.  Whether this is done in the
future is an open question; it raises a lot of issues about
configurations with many-to-many relationships.  It might be worth
having a configuration parameter to share a cache for local and remote
segments in one-to-one configurations.

Let me know if your issue persists with the latest code.

Thanks,
Juli.