WANProxy gets killed every now and again... Think it might be memory usage...

Tiernan OToole tiernan at tiernanotoole.ie
Sat Apr 9 10:38:03 PDT 2016

Never mind... I found the answer... the sample config file at https://github.com/wanproxy/wanproxy/blob/master/programs/wanproxy/wanproxy.conf has all i need to setup the caching and monitoring!

--Tiernan

From: wanproxy [mailto:wanproxy-bounces at lists.wanproxy.org] On Behalf Of Tiernan OToole
Sent: 09 April 2016 18:09
To: wanproxy at lists.wanproxy.org
Subject: WANProxy gets killed every now and again... Think it might be memory usage...

Morning all.

Have a machine in the house with WANProxy running on it (latest source out of GitHub) and one in a remote data center (same code). Both run debian 8.3 x64. The machine in house has 8GB RAM and the machine in the DC has 2GB (it is a VM for testing currently).

I have a socks server upstream on the box, which is proxied over WAN proxy... locally, I have redsocks acting as a tunnel between my network and the remote location... All is well, except for every now and again, I get a message telling me that WANProxy has been killed, but no details as to why... but given that WANProxy in house is using about 6GB of RAM and is somewhat stable, I have just though it might be to do with memory...

So, is there a way to limit the amount of memory that WANProxy uses for cache? And, since I have more (fast) storage in the DC (40GB SSD) to use that more than the memory?

And, just as a question: How do I monitor the usage and cache efficiency of a WANProxy install? This is my first "production" install in a while... think the last time I played with it was 2012...

Thanks.

--Tiernan