WANProxy gets killed every now and again... Think it might be memory usage...

Tiernan OToole tiernan at tiernanotoole.ie
Sun Apr 10 04:52:28 PDT 2016

Hi Juli.

So far, so good, when it comes to disk caching... The WANProxy application has been running for about 18 hours or so, and is so far stable... the box I am using at the moment is a lot lower spec than the box I plan on using full time, so I gave it 256MB RAM and 20GB storage... the box in house has 2GB memory cache and 20GB HDD Cache, and again, so far so good. It has been a lot more stable, mind you, given it has 8GB RAM.

As for the monitoring, yea, it, well, to use your word, sucks... :) I can't figure out the performance gain I am getting over all... I do see something things giving me a perf gain... running speedtest.net using WANProxy between the box, I can see upload speeds of 500Mbit/s... my connection is "only" 72, so I know it works there!

Thanks again.

--Tiernan