How to proxying over SSH on android programmatically

Juli Mallett juli at clockworksquid.com
Thu Apr 28 23:52:43 PDT 2016

Hi Beni,

Great question!

You would need, at minimum, to port WANProxy to run on Android, and
possibly would want to build it into an SSH application directly.
That said, WANProxy trades memory (both RAM and disk) for performance,
and that trade-off doesn't (yet) make sense given the storage and RAM
available on most mobile devices.  If you're a heavy-duty user, a
small desk-top device and running your sessions through it over your
mobile link would likely work better.  Does that make sense?  Or just
use SSH on a laptop tethered to your mobile.

Juli.