How to proxying over SSH on android programmatically

Juli Mallett juli at clockworksquid.com
Fri Apr 29 01:12:46 PDT 2016

Hi Beni,

Yep!  That's a pretty clear scenario, and is what I thought you were going
for.  You will need to port WANProxy to Android and run WANProxy on the
mobile phone.  WANProxy has to be run on the actual client to achieve the
benefit I believe you to be looking for.  Otherwise, you will not be able
to optimize traffic over the Internet.  If you want to instead do something
like:

[Android SSH Client] --> *Internet* --> [WANProxy Client at Branch Office]
--> *Slow WAN Link* --> [WANProxy Server at Data Centre] --> *Data Centre
LAN* --> [SSH Server at Data Centre]

Then that would be a different matter.  You would only be optimizing
traffic over the "Slow WAN Link", but not over the Internet.

Thanks,
Juli.