Wan Optimization

Juli Mallett juli at clockworksquid.com
Sat Jan 27 10:03:05 PST 2018

Hi Sudad,

People have used a tool called 'redsocks' to accomplish something similar,
or other tools that create point-to-point tunnels.  In a lot of ways,
working with one of those solutions is much better than trying to do it in
WANProxy itself.

If you're interested in WANProxy as a transparent site-to-site bridge and
might be interested in paying to see that work completed in WANProxy,
please be in touch with me, as this is something that lots of preparatory
work has been done on, and which could be completed with more resources
available to do it very easily.  So far, the only people using WANProxy in
that way are doing so with proprietary patches, either that I developed for
them on a work-for-hire basis, or that they developed for themselves.

Thanks,
Juli.