Diego Woitasen diego at woitasen.com.ar
Wed Jul 18 07:28:01 PDT 2012

On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 10:04 PM, llhwjj2011 <llhwjj2011 at gmail.com> wrote:
> hi
>     now I begin to learn wanproxy project.  I download that the wanproxy
> version is 0.7.2 release.  but when I deplay to the project , have some
> problems.
>     At first , I want to know that the project's working principle.  I look
> up the  source code .found the software get througth pcap capture packets.
> then after capture packets ,how is the wanproxy working ?
>     I hope you can help me and give me some suggests.
>     Regards
>
> hi
>     the follows about the topological graph of wanproxy .
>    Server-Frontdesk          Server-Proxy
>  (192.168.0.116)             (192.168.0.42)
> |                                  |
> |                                  |
> |                                  |
>>       ------------{ Router }------------
>>
>>      ... WAN (5Mbps v, 1Mbps ^ )...
>>       ------------{ Router }------------
> |                                  |
> |                                  |
> |                                  |
> Client-R2D2                 Client-Proxy
> (192.168.2.10)             (192.168.2.42)
>
> when I found the topological and look up source code . I think that the
> wanproxy use pcap to capture packets.  but do'nt know how dose the wanproxy
> project  communication with the client -R2d2 and Server-Frontdesk.  Do you
> use the SOCKS as if proxy?
> hope you can reply my's problem. think you very much
> Regards

Are you planning to use Wanproxy for a specific application?

For example, I'm using Wanproxy for the Web Applications of a company
which has branches around my country. The topology is:

browsers -> Squid -> Wanproxy -> WAN -> Wanproxy -> Squid -> Web Applications.

I haven't tested the PCAP or Socks mode yet, may be you don't need it :)

Regards,
Diego

--
Diego Woitasen