control WANproxy through python openflow controller.

Boxiang Pan aquarypbx at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 00:47:20 PST 2013

Hi, Juli,

We really appreciate your quick reply. Yes, it will be very helpful for us
if you could provide sample code for creating a proxy instance with C++,
and the interface code where we may use python to call.  I don't really
understand what you mean by "simple binary protocol over TCP, inject
configuration over TCP", do you mean sending the conf files over TCP to
WANProxy instances?

For now, I think starting wanproxy from python is enough for us, we don't
need to worry about control at this time.

*Details about our code flow:*

So we have a open flow controller that runs on a VM and rest of the
networks can be tenants (or clients). Clients establish a tcp connection
and send a service request via configuration file over TCP to the
controller describing the type of functionality they want to avail (in our
case its WANProxy) and also will tell a network path (or a set of switches)
over which client wants the reservations to be made. This request is
handled by an allocator which takes all the parameters from config file,
passes the control to a module(we have to implement this) which will need
to communicate with WANProxy (already installed on the switches in network
path) and make the necessary reservations. Once this set up is done, we
will repeatedly send same large file to measure the performance of WANProxy.

What interface code do you think might be necessary?

Thank you very much.